Monday, March 21, 2011

Baking - Carrot Cake

It's been a long time between drinks...or recipes, but I'm here and I'm cookin'!


This carrot cake recipe is easier than I thought it would be. I'm used to making my tried and tested banana cake, but I think this is even better.


Here's what you'll need
---------------------------

 3 Eggs
 1 Cup White Sugar (or half white & half brown)
 ¾ Cup Cooking Oil (Virgin Olive Oil)
 1 1/3 Cups Of Flour
 ½ Teaspoon salt
 1 1/3 teaspoons Bicarb Soda
 1 1/3 teaspoons baking powder
 1 1/3 teaspoons cinnamon
 2 cups grated raw carrot
 ½ cup nuts (I used half walnuts and half pecans)
 1 teaspoon vanilla


Here's what you do
----------------------
 
Grease a square 8” tin. (I used a round one)
Heat oven to 300 Deg F (150 Deg C).

Beat eggs and sugar until frothy.
Add oil, stir in sifted dry ingredients then fold in carrot, nuts and vanilla.
Bake for  55mins to 1 hour.

When cool, ice with a cream cheese frosting

Frosting
----------

 4oz cream cheese
 250g (½ lb) icing sugar
 a few drops of lemon juice

It really is that simple....and it's great with a cuppa....which is what I'm about to have right now.

The photos aren't that good as they were taken on my mobile phone...hopefully I'll have a new camera soon.

3 comments:

  1. Carrot cake is my favorite, and I like how you subbed in healthy olive oil for vegetable oil.
    I will try this one!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacey...I think carrot cake is my fav too....this one is extremely moist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at cream cheese frosting. This looks divine....

    ReplyDelete