Friday, June 11, 2010

Sausage Rolls

I had a bit of a brain wave this week, so I decided to make something for a weekend snack.



I don't know if our friends in the northern hemisphere are familiar with these little delicacies or not, but I really love home made sausage rolls because they're yummy!

In fact, they're really easy too ... but I guess it's just what you're used to.

Here's my version:

Preheat oven to 180-200 degrees. (hot)
Mix together in a large bowl:
500 grams good mince beef
500 grams sausage mince (from the supermarket)
1 carrot, grated
1 stick of celery, chopped finely
1 egg
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs or cornflake crumbs (that's what I had in the cupboard)
and pepper and salt.

Cut 4 sheets prepared puff pastry in half

Place a couple of spoon fulls of the meat mix along each piece of the pastry, brush a little milk along the edge of the pastry and roll it up. Then cut it into four and follow suit with the other pieces of pastry until all the meat mix is finished.

Brush a little milk on the top of each roll....and place in the oven and cook for approx 18 minutes or until golden



These are a great snack for a weekend lunch, or are even terrific to put into the lunch box for the kids.
Me? I love them as a mid morning savoury snack with a coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment