Monday, September 28, 2009

Baked Cauliflower

A couple of weeks ago we said goodbye to Maggie Beer and Simon Bryant and their terrific ABC show, The Cook and the Chef.


Each Wednesday night, MONT and I would eat our dinner watching them produce some beautiful dishes. I've tried a few and, quite a few of them also inspired me....One of them was a baked cauliflower salad that Simon put together.

It got me thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to bake the cauliflower rather than steam or boil it...so that's what I did.



Take your cauliflower and break it up as you normally would...drizzle some olive oil over the top, then squeeze a lemon over it all.

Bake for about 20 minutes in a 180 degree oven...I'm afraid my photos don't do it justice, but it really is quite delish!

Stacey over here also has a delicious take on baked cauliflower, adding cheese and capers...and over here, they have a great recipe for cheesy cauliflower pancakes. I have to say they all look absolutely fabulous!!

5 comments:

  1. And Mom always told me not to play with my food. Now I feel sheepish. You make playing with cauliflower into art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOTH & I did the same on Wed. nite's too & we'll miss Maggie & Simon as well! I'm not normally a cauli lover, but I reckon I'll give this a go, roasting would definitely add another dimesion to it.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly does Millie...it's a terrific way to do cauliflower. It seems to take away that watery mouth feel and give it more OOMPH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barb, we love our veggies here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness I've just found you through Alison's blog
    What a great blog you have - love to get new cooking ideas and what fun you've made out of yours

    I've enjoyed my visit

    ~ Gail

    ReplyDelete