Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mango Tartlets

This would have to be one of the easiest and most delectable little sweet treats I've ever made...and did I say they were easy?


I saw the idea for these in the Herald Sun a few weeks back and thought I'd try them out. I'm really glad I did because they all got devoured.
As usual, I tweaked the original recipe which called for ginger nut biscuits and shredded coconut as well as rum. I'm not a fan of ginger or coconut...and the kids were coming over, so the rum was also omitted.

You'll need:

Pack of butternut snap biscuits
2 mangoes
250g mascarpone cheese

Here's what I did....

I took the biscuits and, three at a time, heated them in the microwave for 20 seconds on high. It makes them nice and pliable so you can press them into small foil tart trays. As you can see I used the handle of a lemon juicer to gently press them down. I used the foil trays because that's all I had, but a small tartlet tray would work just as well.


This is what you end up with...little butternut tarts that you fill with this delectable concoction.

Blend the mascarpone and the chopped flesh of 1 mango together, then spoon it into the cooled tarts

Slice some more mango and place the slices on top.

Then eat!

That's it!

All gone.....

8 comments:

  1. Taking the mango tartlets to a Christmas morning tea...will let you know how they go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH lovely...nothing like a real honest to goodness taste test from the land of mangoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOTH loves all things mango, so he'll go ape over these! Great recipe Lesley thanks.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure Millie. Let me know how they go. I'm sure they could also be adapted to other scrumptious fruits like rasberries and strawbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mango tartlets were a great success....but like you I altered the recipe somewhat....I used ginger nuts for the base, and instead of mango I tried well drained crushed pineapple and added just a touch of rum liquer (Bundaberg of course). Rather like a pina colada without the side effects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMO!!!! Im going to try them for sure!!! Love you BLOG!!
    mandii

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Mandii, glad you like them! I've made them twice now and they've all been devoured with the kids looking for more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yumm.. this looks really good.

    It looks like a recipe that I should really try!! what more it seems easy and presentation wise... really good!!! it's good that there isn't coconut cause I'm not a fan of them in desserts, and i have lots of mango at home!

    smay

    ReplyDelete