Monday, February 22, 2010

Noodles

Strangely, I've never been a huge fan of peanut butter, but I love everything satay.

I've never been a really huge fan of Nigella Lawson either, but strangely, I really like some of her recipes...especially this one.

This noodle salad is right up my alley.... It's a little spicy but not hot and it has plenty of veggies in it...although you can't tell by my photograph because I'd eaten a lot of them by the time I took the photo.

All you need is:

1 pack of prepared egg noodles, whichever ones you like the most
a handful of snow peas, sliced
2 spring onions, sliced
red capsicum, sliced thinly
1 cup of bean sprouts
handful of cashews
chopped fresh coriander
sprinkling of sesame seeds

For the dressing:

2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
3 heaped tablespoons peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, whatever you like)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon if you prefer)
The original recipe also calls for 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, but I never touch the stuff as the smell makes my stomach churn, so use it or not, whatever you prefer.

I usually refresh the noodles in a bowl of boiling water for about 30 seconds, just to get them all separated and soft...
Whisk the dressing ingredients together...drain the noodles and place in a bowl with the veggies, pour or spoon the dressing over the top and mix it all together, then sprinkle the top with the chopped coriander and the sesame seeds...

You can also add some cooked chicken and other veggies to this as well...let your imagination run wild!

That's it! Time to eat

1 comment:

  1. That does look very yum! Thanks for sharing :)

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete